The time and temperature sign at Vanowen Street and Topanga Canyon Boulevard in Canoga Park at a 76 gas station shows 107 degrees at 3 p.m. on Friday, Oct. 9, 2015
~Ed. So no Worldwide Earth warming??? If you live in the Geo-engineered “polar vortex” of the East Coast you may be in denial but everywhere else, the Earth is on fire, yet in CA, during the “Greatest Drought in the History of CA”, according to Gov. Jerry “jesuit priest” Brown, we can still water lawns, keep golf courses going, car washes, new business starts rising, wineries sucking water, etc… no problema.
Now laws are in place to dam up the entire CA basin over the next decades costing us an estimated One-half TRILLION dollars while laws have been put on the books to take private well water rights away from those of us with our own water supplies.
New temperature records were recorded throughout Southern California, according to the weather service.
• Camarillo Airport reached 108 degrees, surpassing the record of 96 degrees set for the date in 1976, and setting the bar as the highest temperatures ever recorded there since recordings started since 1948. The old record was set at 103 degrees on Sept. 24, 1978.
• Burbank Airport recorded 104 degrees, replacing the record of 101 degrees in 1976.
• Chula Vista reached 98 degrees, topping the previous record of 97 degrees in 1994.
• El Cajon temperatures were as high as 103 degrees, replacing a record of 98 degrees in 1991.
• Escondido heated up to 102 degrees, breaking the previous record of 100 degrees in 1909.
• Long Beach Airport reported temperatures at 105 degrees, breaking a record of 102 in 1988.
• Riverside recorded a high of 104 degrees, topping the previous record of 103 degrees in 1991.
• Sandberg reached 88 degrees, surpassing a record of 97 degrees in 1996.
• Santa Ana reached a scorching 106 degrees, breaking a record of 102 in 1988.
• Santa Barbara Airport reported a high of 96 degrees, topping the prior high of 95 degrees in 1994.